- Over at the recently revamped and even-more-awesome-than-it-had-previously-been Pinstriped Bible, Stephani Bee shares her list of Top 10 Yankee prospects. A highly recommended read.
- You've almost certainly already seen this, but NoMaas' Gary Wallace sat down with Yankee Senior Vice President Mark Newman for a second time and conducted another spectacular interview. Must-read stuff here.
- TYU continues to churn out fantastic content, with a post about a hypothetical OF/DH rotation next season, musings on some of Phil Hughes' struggles, lusting after Hiroki Kuroda and why Joe Girardi is not going anywhere.
- Friend of the blog Matt on Earth has a couple of solid reads up this week, one on the underappreciated Marcus Thames, another speculating on the Yankees' plans for Brett Gardner and/or Carl Crawford.
- The Captain's Blog has a great post up about the Yankees' decision to honor George Steinbrenner in Monument Park.
- Leonora goes prospect-stalking.
- Rebecca gives Kerry Wood his due.
- It's About the Money has a thought-provoking piece on Race, Baseball and Third Base Coaches.
- Andy at NYaT took a look at whether CC will opt out of his deal after the 2011 season.
- SG at RLYW looks at the Cy Young candidates in his inimitable way.
- Mike Axisa examines the current state of the Yankee rotation.
- Dave Cameron has two unsurprisingly excellent posts up at Fangraphs this week; the first on the best team in baseball, the second on how best to use Fangraphs stats in determining who wins the Cy Young Award.
- And in case you missed it, make sure to check out our Yankees-White Sox series preview.
Friday, August 27, 2010
by Larry Koestler
With the unfortunate demise of (well, at least with regards to posting regularly, anyway) Fack Youk, there's been a bit of a void in Yankeeland with regards to linkstravaganzas, but thankfully this past week a number of interesting things have turned up that are definitely worth sharing: